For many people, a trip to the shoe store presents limitless possibilities for new footwear. People with wider feet, however, may find themselves restricted to substantially fewer options, possibly none of which fit quite right, serve their particular needs or speak to them aesthetically. What would be, for so many people, an exciting afternoon of shoe shopping becomes, instead, a frustrating search for “good enough.”
At Haig Shoes, we understand the challenges facing those who need wide shoes in Rochester Hills. That’s why we strive to carry shoes for all types of feet. For our wider-footed customers, here are some tips and considerations to make your shoe-shopping experience a little less stressful and a lot more productive:
- Have your feet measured: This may sound like a no-brainer, but actually having your feet measured can save you a lot of time and frustration spent trying on shoes you have absolutely no chance of squeezing your feet into. While everyone’s feet are different—and shoe companies can be inconsistent with sizing—it’s likely you’ll only have a couple shoe sizes that will really work for your feet.
- Focus on the wide section: If you know you have wide feet, visit a store with a good selection of wide shoes. There is no reason to surround yourself with a vast selection of shoes that simply won’t work for you. Once you’ve had your feet measured, get yourself to the wide section and stay there.
- Consider adjustable options: For women, especially, the options for wide shoes are much greater, particularly when you factor shoes with adjustable components. Elastic sides and adjustable buckles and straps can turn otherwise unworkable shoes into the perfect pair.
- Find a brand you can trust: While everyone likes a little variety in their footwear, the challenges of shopping for wide shoes can be exhausting, and sometimes it’s nice to have a brand or specific pair of shoes you can always count on. In much the way you should narrow your focus to wide shoes, keeping track of the brands and models that work best for your feet is another way of saving time and energy.
- Don’t expect to break them in: We’ve all had the experience of trying on a pair of shoes, liking how they look, thinking they feel just a bit off and assuming we can break them in after a few wears. This is rarely possible, and risks injury and discomfort as well as premature wear and tear on the shoes.
- Be picky: Shoes should feel comfortable, look nice and serve their intended function. Don’t settle for a pair of shoes that fails in any of these aspects. Keep searching, and know that there are comfortable and durable wide shoes out there for you.
These are just a few of the factors you might take into consideration when shopping for wide shoes in Rochester Hills. The friendly staff at Haig Shoes can assist you with finding a pair of new wide shoes for any situation—stop by today for the help you’ve been looking for!