When you are preparing for a hike and gathering the necessary items, a reliable pair of hiking shoes is undoubtedly at the top of your list. Although sandals might not be the first hiking shoe you think of, you can actually find a sturdy and reliable pair that will keep your feet protected at you local provider of comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI. Here are five tips on how to choose the best pair of sandals for your next hike:
- Shock absorption: With the difficult terrain that you will have to navigate, it is important to make sure that your sandals absorb most of the shock when you are hiking in order to prevent nagging pain when your excursion is over. Be on the lookout for sandals with extra cushioning or foam midsoles, to make sure that your hike doesn’t put excessive stress on your feet.
- Waterproof: Even if you don’t anticipate encountering any water during your travels, keeping your feet dry if it rains can help prevent discomfort at the end of the day. Rubber soles or synthetic uppers are particularly effective at keeping your sandals as dry as possible.
- Toe protection: If you wear open-toed sandals on your hike, your feet could be susceptible to injury from rocks, branches and any other form of debris that you come into contact with on your hike. To prevent a painful situation, make sure to choose hiking sandals that offer enough toe protection to keep your toes safe during your entire trek.
- The right fit: If you select a pair of sandals that are either too big or too small for your feet, you could be in for a very long, uncomfortable day. Try your hiking sandals on for size before hitting the trail to ensure that they are a good fit. It is also a good idea to choose a pair of sandals that have adjustable straps so that you can easily throw on a pair of socks if your feet get chilly. These straps can also come in handy if your feet get swollen during your hike and you need to adjust them to make your feet more comfortable.
- Soles: In order for your hiking sandals to effectively provide you with ample comfort during a long day spent out on the trails, they must have a firm, sturdy sole. Just as important is the amount of tread you have left on your soles, as this is what will keep your feet fully protected from harsh terrain.
If you need help picking out a pair of sandals or comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI for your next hike that are just as protective and supportive as they are fashionable, contact the experts at Haig Shoes. For over 20 years we have been providing all sorts of footwear to our customers, and we are ready to make sure that you have what you need to keep your feet protected on your next hike. Give us a call or pay us a visit today so that you and your feet are ready to blaze a new path.