Today, you can buy just about anything and everything you need right off the internet. Need sunscreen? “Add to Cart.” No more toilet paper? “Add to Cart.” No time to grocery shop? “Add to Cart.” Shopping online is convenient, as many people like being able to shop from the comfort of their own home at any point in the day. However, while you can purchase a lot of items online, there are some you might want to consider buying in person—for example, expensive or rare things, or items you wear, like clothes or shoes. Let’s look at the latter in greater depth.
Here are five good reasons to buy shoes from a shoe store in Rochester Hills rather than online:
- No shipping fee: When you shop at a brick and mortar shoe store, there are no shipping fees and you don’t have to wait days to wear your new shoes. So, if you are looking at shoes online and find a pair you love, call or visit nearby shoe stores to see if they carry them before placing an online order. In the event that you find shoes in the store by phone, but you live far away, ask if they offer free shipping or whether they can ship to a closer store for you to pick up.
- Easy to return or exchange: Online shopping is convenient, until you need to return an item. Sometimes, but not always, returning an online shoe purchase becomes a huge hassle, often loaded down with return fees and extra shipping charges. Read customer reviews before making an online shoe purchase, or go to a store with a physical location to save time and headaches.
- Better pricing: Online shoe prices are not always cheaper. In fact, they could be marked up to compete against other online retailers offering the same product. On the other hand, brick and mortar shops might offer special sales to draw in customers from their competitors. It doesn’t hurt to check out some in-store sales—you may find the exact shoes you are looking for at a lower or very similar price, without the shipping fee.
- Make sure they fit: Buying shoes online is like buying clothing online. You need a particular size, but because shoe sizes are not universal, you’re not totally sure if the online retailer’s sizes will fit you. So unless you wear a particular brand of shoes and know their sizes have not changed, buying footwear online may not be a great idea. You simply have no idea if they will fit properly, and different shoe styles may fit very differently.
- Try them out before you buy: While not all items need trying out before purchase, it’s best to do this for some. Shoes are one of those items—especially if you’ll be wearing them regularly, like for work, hiking or playing sports. Try out shoes in-store to ensure comfort and quality.
Looking for functionality? Need a specialty shoe? At Haig Shoes, we carry a wide range of shoe styles at reasonable prices. Come visit our shoe store in Rochester Hills today!