Everyone’s feet tend to hurt after spending the day walking around or cramming them into teetering heels. Unfortunately, the aches and pains after a long day of work, or even after hours of fun, are a frustrating fact of life for many people. Flat feet, poorly fitting shoes, arthritis, overuse and other issues can leave the feet feeling sore and tired. The feet need the right care to keep from hurting, and this includes the right footwear. Take the following six steps to soothe your aches and rejuvenate those tired feet:
- Accommodate high arches: High arches need a shoe with good arch support and a slightly raised heel. Look for a pair of comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI with extra cushioning and soft platforms. Shoes with laces, straps and buckles will also help accommodate a high arch.
- Get the right insert: More than 20 percent of Americans are flat footed. The collapsed arch puts pressure on the entire foot, resulting in serious pain. Getting the right insert will alleviate the aching. A comfort shoe expert can help you find the best inserts for your shoes and your unique feet.
- Ditch the high heels: Wearing heels is like asking for pain, corns, bunions and other problems. Try to ditch them altogether. If that’s not possible, opt for a two-inch chunky heel instead. Don’t wear them every day, and opt for a flat pair of shoes if you know you’re going to be on your feet for hours.
- Forget the flip-flops: Flip-flops are perfect for the beach or the pool, but they’re a bad choice for feet. Wearing flip-flops regularly can lead to heel pain, stress fractures and tendinitis. They don’t offer enough arch support or shock absorption to protect the feet. Don’t wear flip-flops if you’re going to be walking long distances or on your feet for a while.
- Maintain the feet: Give your feet the love they deserve. Keep the toenails trimmed straight across to prevent ingrown toenails. Use a pumice stone to trim down the hard, dry skin of calluses and corns, as they can create pressure on the bottom of the foot, which can cause pain and even infections.
- Insist on comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI: Shoes should not only feel great, but also look great. They need to fit the feet and any abnormalities just right. Plus, you’ll feel better in a pair of comfortable shoes. Don’t suffer with a pair of “gorgeous” shoes that cause pain. Instead, find a pair of shoes that both look and feel great.
Give your feet the love they deserve by investing in a new pair of comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI. For over 30 years, Haig Shoes has led the market by offering an extended selection of shoes designed to keep your feet from aching. We carry a wide range of recognized comfort shoes, including Birkenstock, SAS, Dansko and Keen. Stop by today to find the perfect shoes to keep your feet happy all day long. We look forward to helping you!