With wintertime comes a whole host of unusual walking conditions. Cooler weather means that ice and snow proliferate on the ground, and moisture permeates the surrounding air. If you are wondering how to best choose winter boots that meet your needs and lifestyle, you’re not alone! Choosing high-quality footwear that will help you make it through the winter can be an exceedingly challenging task. Identifying the best walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI that can help get you through the colder months is one surefire way to ensure that this winter is more bearable than years past!
There are a variety of factors that you should consider prior to investing in a new pair of boots to finish out the winter. Considering these simple things before purchasing a new boot can help you ensure that your investment protects you and your feet for several winters to come! Here are just a few of the things that you should take into consideration before purchasing new boots:
- Function and performance: Before purchasing new footwear, you should ask yourself what the primary objective of purchasing it is. For instance, if you are hoping to regularly trek through snow, you will want to invest in a substantially sturdier boot than one you would use to keep warm while walking through the city.
- Boot height: The height of your boot will depend on its intended use and your personal preferences. Taller boots are more effective at keeping snow at bay. Tall boots also provide more support for your ankles, which can be valuable in slippery conditions. Shorter boots, however, are substantially easier to remove and put back on.
- Construction and insulation: You should also think about the construction quality of your future winter walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI. You should purchase shoes made by a trusted brand known for using high-quality materials. Additionally, you should invest in boots with lots of high-caliber insulation materials.
- Waterproofing: You will need to determine if you are looking for waterproof or water-resistant boots. If you are expecting to spend extended periods of time standing in water, you will definitely need to invest in waterproof boots, versus water-resistant boots. Water-resistant boots, however, are more comfortable for daily use.
- Fit: Finally, you will need to consider how well your boots fit. When you are purchasing walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI, specifically for use in the winter time, you should be sure to purchase a pair that leaves a little extra room. Winter socks can be bulky, and you may want to go a half-size up, depending on your selected brand.
Haig Shoes has been the most trusted provider of walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI since 1987. We are proud to be the region’s foremost store offering a wide range of specialty footwear options, including shoes for people with a variety of foot shapes. You can count on us to deliver high-quality footwear options, regardless of the size and shape of your feet. We carry some of the most desirable shoe brands, and our knowledgeable and capable staff members can assist you in determining the best type of shoe to meet your lifestyle. Contact us today to learn more!