Nothing can halt exploring the great outdoors quicker than a painful blister or sore feet. That’s why finding the right pair of walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI is so important. Whether you’re going on a long excursion through rough, mountainous terrain, or you’re taking your dog for a walk, you want to make sure that you have a pair of shoes that fit and are comfortable to keep you safe and comfortable while you are walking.
With fall and winter quickly approaching, it’s imperative that you top at Haig Shoes to grab your pair of walking shoes now. Our hottest styles are coming into stock right now, but the seasons are shifting, which means now’s the best time to get deals before you’re stuck looking for a great pair of Ecco or Keen shoes amidst inclement weather.
Not sure where to start? Here are some helpful guidelines when looking to find the right pair of outdoor shoes for this season.
Types of hiking boots
Trail shoes. If you are looking at hiking in a dry climate on regularly walked paths as opposed to off-road hiking, trail shoes are just what you need. Trail shoes are lighter in design and are meant for easier hikes where you aren’t carrying a whole lot or doing any strenuous climbing.
Trail hikers. Hikers are shoes that are a bit more intense. These are designed for steeper inclines, muddy paths and trips that are typically longer. If this is the case, you want a sturdier shoe that is waterproof. Haig Shoes is proud to offer waterproof hightop and lowtop hiking boots and trail shoes from Ecco and Keen.
Mountaineering hikers. If you are an extremist and are looking to climb mountains, you’re going to want an incredibly strong hiking boot with a stiff sole in order to support your ankles when climbing the challenging terrain.
Finding your fit
If you’re in the market for new walking or hiking shoes, you want to make sure that you are finding a pair that fits you properly in order to offer you the best support and safety while hiking. Here are some things to look for when searching for your pair of hiking shoes.
- When trying on shoes, make sure you wear the socks that you are planning on wearing while you hike. Shoes fit differently when you add a layer of material like a sock.
- Over the course of a day your feet naturally swell. Try on shoes at the end of the day when your feet are more swollen so you will get an exact fit like you would during a day of hiking.
- When trying on boots, they should fit snug to your foot with room at the tip so your toes can wiggle a little.
- The boots should fit comfortably around your ankle.
- If possible, try walking down an incline in the shoes. Your foot should not slide forward and your toes shouldn’t scrape against the front of the boot.
No matter what type of hiking or walking you are planning on doing, Haig Shoes has all of the walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI that you will need. Stop in today before the season comes and goes!