What styles will grace your feet this season? As you switch out your winter wardrobe for hot-weather attire, you’ll probably be reaching for your summer comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI.
Keep in mind that not all styles are good for your feet. As you take summer strolls or head outside for exercise, it’s important to wear the proper style of shoe. Use the following tips to protect your feet and get the best performance from summer comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI:
- Protection is paramount: Sandals offer a nice option to keep your feet cool in the summer heat, but they don’t all provide good protection. If you’re going to wear sandals, look for a pair that covers your toes and features straps to hold them in place. This will protect your feet from injury and help your steps to be more stable.
- Support is essential: Shoes should provide appropriate support for your foot and ankle. Many do not. Keep in mind that flip flops and other styles that are completely flat offer little to no support at all. Look for summer comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI that are designed with proper arch support. This will minimize your risk for inflammation, tears, knee issues and heel pain.
- Fit is focal: When it comes to shoe size, don’t guess. Wearing shoes that don’t properly fit your feet can cause blisters, bunions, corns and calluses. Ask a professional to measure your feet, and be sure to have this done at the end of the day, since this is when your feet are more swollen. As you select your shoes, allow for a quarter- to a half-inch of space between your longest toe and the shoe tip.
- Shape is superior: Use common sense when choosing shoe styles. If the toe is pointed, the shoe doesn’t match the shape of your foot. Avoid these styles altogether for the best foot health. A similar principle applies to heels. Styles over two inches force your feet and legs into an unnatural position, which can cause health issues. Encourage good body mechanics and bone and joint health by choosing shoes with shapes that make sense with your body.
- Athletic is advanced: Do you plan to launch into training mode this summer? For athletic activities, choose athletic shoes. You may need to invest in a pair of good running shoes or trainers that suit your exercise plan. Be sure to wear the right socks, too, as the wrong pair can lead to blisters and other moisture issues.
Superior Styles and Service
For a great selection of summer comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI, visit Haig Shoes. Since 1987, we’ve been the area’s premier source for quality footwear. We offer a variety of narrow, medium, wide and wide-wide widths to suit every foot. Our selection also includes arch supports and socks to complete your summer comfort. Stop in today to check out our selection or contact our friendly staff with any questions. We look forward to helping your feet feel great this season!