As kids and teens, our summer comfort shoe choice was flip-flops. But flip-flops, while perfect for running through sprinklers or an impromptu trip to the neighborhood pool, just don’t cut it for most of us as adults who need more support. What options are there for comfortable summer shoes, and what do you look for in warm-weather footwear? Keep reading for our tips about choosing comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI for summer:
- Lightweight: One important feature to think about for summer is the weight of the shoe itself. We often spend more time walking outside in hot weather, and it’s even more important that you’re lifting less weight with each step. While lightweight shoes are great year-round, they’re especially key in summer.
- Breathable: Breathability is an essential quality for summer shoes. Who wants sweaty, sticky feet? Nothing ruins a nice summer day faster than foot discomfort. Breathable shoes allow air to circulate inside the shoe, even when it’s on your foot. Canvas is not only lightweight, but also breathable, and perfect for summer footwear.
- Support: So many summer shoes, from flip-flops to sandals, offer almost no support, but this is not the case for all summer shoes. If you plan on doing a lot of walking during the summer, or if support is especially important to you, choose a cool summer shoe that offers good arch support.
- Quality: Another downside to flip-flops is their quality. Cheap flip-flops are practically disposable, and rarely outlast the season. Choosing a high-quality summer shoe will look great for longer than the summer, and provide durability and traction. We recommend canvas shoes or loafers for a lightweight and breathable, more supportive alternative for summer footwear.
- Material: Canvas is our top-rated material choice when it comes to comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI. They come in slip-ons or loafers, which are convenient and comfortable as well as breathable and lightweight—perfect for slipping on as you head out the door for an afternoon in the summer heat. Many canvas shoes have a cotton lining, which provides an extra cushion and absorbs moisture. Plus, it’s durable and easy to clean, so it will last for summers to come.
- Good fit: When trying on shoes, make sure to take note of how they fit with and without socks. Will you plan on mostly wearing them with socks or not? Make sure the shoes fit ideally the way you plan on wearing them most. An ill-fitting shoe, no matter the quality, will not be comfortable if it doesn’t fit right.
- Style: The last thing to consider is style. Do you prefer slip-ons or laces, or something in between? Lightweight, breathable canvas shoes come in many designs and styles. Why not pick up a few different pairs and coordinate with every outfit?
Haig Shoes has the best selection of comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI. We have casual and dress shoes and footwear for summer for both men and women. Come by and visit our shop today and see what inspires you!