Now that warmer weather is here, it’s the perfect time to start walking outdoors again. Whether you like to stay on the trail or go off the beaten path, there are walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI that are just right for you. When considering a particular walking shoe, it is important that you look at all the different characteristics that make these types of shoes, and not just pick one based on looks alone. Keep these important features in mind when selecting a walking shoe for your next outdoor experience:
- Fit: First and foremost, look for walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI that fit you properly. They should feel comfortable when you step and not rub on your feet in any spots. You should be able to move your toes freely and feel good when you wear them. Getting a pair of walking shoes that feels comfortable right off the bat will ensure that you wear them and that you get the use you intended without hurting your feet or creating blisters.
- Lightweight: If you only plan on walking with your walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI, look for a lightweight shoe like a running shoe. This will provide you plenty of support while walking and be light enough that you can go the distance without fatigue on your legs or feet.
- Support: You want a walking shoe that is as flexible as you are. Look for one that bends easily at the ball of the foot like your foot does when you walk. You should feel some resistance in the sole when you walk, so it provides you the necessary level of support as you move. Make sure your foot feels supported by your walking shoe, and that your shoes don’t leave your feet flopping about without any structure.
- Cushioning: Good walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI should have plenty of cushion under the ball of the feet where you will have the most impact. You don’t need a ton of cushioning throughout the shoe, as you won’t feel significant impact in other areas of your feet unless you plan on hiking or running with these shoes on. In this case, you should consider a shoe with more cushioning throughout.
- Function: Think about where you will be doing the majority of your walking with your walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI. This will dictate the type of material that they should be made of. If you will be walking in warm weather, look for a shoe that is breathable. You may also want a shoe that is waterproof if you plan to walk in all types of weather conditions or terrains.
The right walking shoes in Rochester Hills, MI will provide you all the comfort and functionality you need to get out there and start walking. Come on over to Haig Shoes for a full array of walking shoes to choose from. Our helpful staff will be sure to get you fitted with the right pair of walking shoes for your outdoor adventures!