This coming fall, hundreds of thousands of parents across the country will send their kids away to college for the first time. As a team that includes many parents, we here at Haig Shoes understand the mixture of excitement and sadness that you must be feeling, and we also understand the desire to send your child off with everything they could possibly need for their freshman year of college.
As a store that sells hiking and walking shoes in Rochester Hills, we also know that we belong on your pre-college to-do list. From fashion to comfort and much more, shoes serve several different purposes in our lives, and your freshmen will need at least a few pairs of sturdy, dependable and stylish shoes to get through the year. Here is a closer look at all the different options we have for you and your kid:
- Sturdy walking shoes: Your freshman will likely be doing a lot of walking, both around campus and throughout their new town. To keep them comfortable and powering forward, they will need some dependable, sturdy walking shoes in Rochester Hills from Haig Shoes.
- Fashionable shoes: Fashion plays a big role in the life of a college student, and many undergrads treat campus like their own personal runway. Make sure your freshman makes a fashion statement of their own by having them pick out one or two stylish pairs of shoes. Remind them that they will want something versatile enough to work both in the classroom and at social events.
- Hiking shoes: Many colleges are located near beautiful hiking locations, and college students love camping because it is a cheap and adventurous getaway option. Before your kid gets stuck hiking in his or her sneakers, invest in some quality hiking shoes that will serve them well throughout all four years of college.
- Sandals: Your college freshman will probably want at least two pairs of flip flops: one flexible, waterproof pair to protect their feet in the communal showers, and one nicer pair to wear around campus on warm days. You can find both types at Haig Shoes.
- Birkenstocks: Believe it or not, Birkenstocks are currently very trendy with high school and college students across the country. If your incoming freshman wants to enter college ahead of the curve, ask if they would like a new pair of Birkenstocks before they go.
- Ecco shoes: Finally, college students often have strong political ideals, and tend to bond together with likeminded individuals. One common belief among many undergrads is the importance of protecting the environment. If your college student shares in this belief, then a new pair of Ecco shoes serves as a great going-away-to-school gift. In addition to being environmentally friendly, these shoes are also enduring, stylish and comfortable.
Whatever style or interests your college freshman has, they will always need solid, comfortable, and fashionable shoes. You can find all the shoes they will need at Haig Shoes, your source for hiking shoes, sandals and walking shoes in Rochester Hills.