Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain and is something that can happen to anyone. Plantar fasciitis is what is caused when the thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of your foot, called the plantar fascia, becomes inflamed. The inflammation causes a searing or stabbing pain in the bottom of your foot and it usually occurs with the very first steps you take in the morning. Once your foot loosens up after a night of sleeping, the pain will normally decrease, only returning after long periods of sitting.
While planter fasciitis is predominantly common in runners or people who have to be on their feet for a living, it can certainly happen to anyone. People that suffer from this debilitating heel pain typically have treatment options to deal with their pain, one of them being plantar relief socks. Plantar fasciitis socks are compression sleeves that fit around the foot to provide extra pressure along the fascia ligament, relieving most if not all of the pain.
Plantar relief socks have proven to be incredibly valuable, as most of us don’t have the time or energy to be sitting and applying pressure or massaging our feet all day. Wearing a pair of plantar relief socks, as well as a pair of comfort shoes in Rochester Hills, MI, is beneficial to anyone that sits all day long, preventing the ligament from tightening up and causing severe pain.
Benefits of Wearing Plantar Relief Socks
Although socks don’t necessarily provide 100 percent support that a comfort shoe in Rochester Hills, MI may offer, pairing those shoes with the socks can be a wonderful pain-relief option that can make your life a lot less painful. Here are some of the other reasons wearing compression socks are a great option for you:
- Effective treatment aid: These socks provide a tight fit to the foot, which keeps the foot stable and the ligament that is effectively stretched. As a result of this, the pain is reduced after long periods of sitting or lying down.
- Convenient option: Plantar relief socks can be worn all day every day without any disruption to what you are wearing or doing. They can be worn under regular socks and in your shoes as well as while you sleep, thus avoiding the hassle of having to rub or massage your foot or take the time to let your feet gain movement again and waiting for the pain to die down.
- Comfortable: While these socks offer pain relief, you don’t have to suffer in any other areas of your foot. The plantar relief socks are incredibly comfortable, much like a supportive shoe.
What To Look For In A Plantar Fasciitis Sock
It may seem simple to go to the store and pick up a pair of these, there are some things you want to look for to make sure you are getting exactly what you need. Here are a few of the characteristics to look for when looking for a pair of the plantar fasciitis socks:
- Find a trusted, quality brand that’s known for assisting with foot ailments
- Make sure that there is proper heel and arch compression
- Read reviews from other buyers to see if the socks do what they are supposed to do or if you could find something better
If you’re someone that suffers from the terrible pain that is plantar fasciitis, take the time to look at a pair of plantar relief socks today—both you and your feet will be happy you did!