It’s finally here: the sunshine, the warmer air and the outdoor patio parties! It’s the time of year where you can peel those thick, wool socks off of your feet and let your toes breathe! But, as you go to pull out those sandals that have been in the back of your closet in a box for what seems like a century, are you pulling out sandals that are super tattered and old? Are they worn down and frayed from the years of use you’ve put into them? Not to worry: there’s no better time than right now to shop your local shoe store and pick up a few trendy pairs of sandals in Rochester Hills, MI.
With the endless amount of choices available to you, it may seem like a daunting task to find the right pair, but we’re here to help. We’ve listed out a few tips to finding the perfect pair of sandals to kick off your spring and summer seasons.
Tip 1: Choose sandals based on what you like to do
When summer comes, most people like to enjoy the weather. Whether it’s taking trips to the beach, hiking, picnics in the park or other outdoor festivities, the warm weather brings most people outdoors. For each of these activities, we have listed out the best basic sandals that can work in your favor:
Type of Sandal
- Hiking sandals: Hiking sandals typically feature multiple straps in order to keep the shoe in place while hiking. They also consist of stuff midsoles, durable outsoles and sturdy toe boxes.
- Water sandals: Water sandals are much more lightweight than hiking sandals. Water sandals are meant to protect your feet while you’re walking along the beach, walking around in a body of water, rafting and other activities involving water.
- Fashion sandals: Most of these don’t offer much protection or support, but they are a great way to dress up a cute summer dress whether you’re going to a wedding, a picnic or another summer gathering.
- Flip flops: Flip flops are similar to fashion sandals. They don’t offer much protection or support, but they are super easy to slip on and off when running errands or going to the beach.
While there are a ton of different styles of sandals in Rochester Hills, MI that are available, we wanted to give you the best overview we could on your basic options.
Tip 2: Make sure they fit properly
While this isn’t the case all the time, it’s possible that although you maybe a size 9 in regular shoes, your size may vary when it comes to sandals. Here are a few things to look for when trying your sandals on:
- Your foot should be smaller than the sole of the sandal and not hanging over the back, front or sides.
- Any straps that are on the sandal should fit snug to your foot without being irritating.
- Your foot should not be sliding around when you are walking, this can cause blisters and irritable spots on the toes or back of the heels.
- Make sure that the sandal is flexible by bending it and seeing how and where it bends, this ensures support and comfort for extended periods of time.
- Check to make sure there is enough cushioning so the sandal is comfortable. Press your finger into the foam where your heel and ball of your feet would sit. If there is give to the sandal, or none at all, that could determine how comfortable the sandals are.
Tip 3: Choose good materials
The most comfortable sandals are the sandals that are typically made from quality material such as leather, suede or fabric. Straps that are made from these materials are typically more comfortable and don’t case blistering. The sole of the sandal is just as important. If a sandal’s foot bed is made from things like memory foam or rubber are definitely your best bet as they are comfortable as well as durable.
Tip 4: Try to find a pair with arch support
Arch support is crucial in any type of shoe as it can prevent muscle fatigue, back pain and cramping while you are on your feet. In all honesty, if you’re doing a lot of running around and walking, sandals aren’t the ideal footwear option as they typically don’t offer the best support; however, sandals that have a spongy midsole that cushions that foot and support the arch are the type of sandals that you should look for as they will be the most comfortable for longer periods of time.
Shopping can be tricky sometimes, but if you follow the tips offered above, you’ll be able to find a pair of comfortable sandals in Rochester Hills, MI that you can wear all summer long.